Old 01-19-24, 11:45 PM
momoman

Bikes: 2013 Wilier Gran Turismo, 1983 Trek 760, 80's Colnago Super, 90's De Rosa SLX, 2009 Waterford 22 Series Singlespeed, 85 Medici Pro Strada, De Rosa Alumino frameset, Dave Molten Fuso frameset, 70's beater Peugeot PX10, Zizzo Liberte, 2022 Yoeleo R12

Liked 200 Times in 92 Posts
Last year I started to modify my Zizzo Liberte which I bought from Costco in 2019 in the mid-$300 range. I spent quite a bit of time researching what was possible and wanted to convert it to a 1x10. I bought the Zizzo so I could hide it in the trunk when I drive out of town to visit my children and take it out to get some exercise early in the mornings. Well, life got in the way and I had so many things happen I never had time to continue modifying the bike.

I did modify it with earlier last year with the following parts:
  • Brooks Cambium C13 saddle with carbon rails - I had this seat in my spare parts bin
  • Litepro Aero aluminum wheels - bought from Aliexpress
  • Schwalbe One 1-1/8" tires
  • Ridenow TPU inner tubes
  • Ergon GP5 handlebar grips
  • Strap on bottle cage - I like the water bottle higher up
  • Garmin mounts so I can use my Garmin computer and Varia radar tail lamp from my road bike
I bought a few parts from Aliexpress but haven't installed the parts yet. Among the parts were:
  • Detachable flat/SPD pedals
  • Bolany 170mm Crankset and BB
  • Litepro 52T Chainring
  • Litepro Brakes
  • Rockbros carbon kickstand
On the future shopping list:
  • 10 speed indexed RD
  • 10 speed thumb shifter
The bike is currently under 23 lbs. I shaved about a pound with the new wheels and lighter tires and inner tubes. The grips added weight but provide more comfort and the ability to ride in a more aero position. I use the bike to ride 1-2 hrs when I'm traveling to visit my children. I don't need extreme low gears and want to maintain a 15-18 mph pace or so.

Modified with Brooks saddle, Ergon grips, Litepro aluminum wheels with Schwalbe One tires and Ridenow TPU tubes.

Last year I rode up some 8% grades in San Francisco to get to the Golden Gate Bridge. Next time I'll ride across the bridge.

The new wheels are much lighter and narrower.

Some of the parts I purchased from Aliexpress but haven't installed yet.
Likes For momoman: