View Single Post
Old 01-20-24, 04:30 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4568 Post(s)
Liked 6,549 Times in 3,758 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
I normally wear a 58mm frame for my Ray Bans and I got these Tifosi optics that seem a bit tight on me. The lens area is not quite what I am used to as well. The dark grey color is just fine but I don't see me wearing them much so off to a new owner they go. The usual rules first to PM me is first in line, cost of shipping by USPS from Bloomington, IN Smiles, MH
Gone! 1-15-23

These need to have a cleaning cloth made of microfiber for some reason, likely the lens material. the body size is more like a 56mm. Glasses and case.
CYA for the coating, most companies don't guarantee it very well if at all, it takes extra care, Ray Ban and Oakley do it right and pricing reflects it.

Tifosi is pretty good too but it can always pay to heed factory advice.

I was an optician for 4 years way back, coatings, tinting and mirror were all a PITA to get done right and be robust enough to put up with the buying public that didn't/don't care/understand proper care of them and insisted on just scrubbing with anything they could find, grit and all.

One key thing is to carefully wash them with dish soap before cleaning with the microfiber and the dedicated lens cleaner and not scrub too hard.