Old 01-20-24, 08:32 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 1,347 Times in 629 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...AFAIK, the majority of the Falcon frames with that seat stay treatment were straight gauge Reynolds. ( I hesitate to say all any more.) It showed up on a lot of different models over the years, and they typically had stamped dropouts. Black Diamond was one, but there were a lot of different names. They even had some deal with Merckx for a while, where the same frames were used on models painted orange. I like the way mine rides, which is why I powder coated it.

It's worth building up to see if you like the road feel of it. Then, I guess you could repaint it if you wanted to.

The top end Falcon bikes from those years used forged dropouts and a different seat stay attachment. They also had more chrome (lugs, stay ends, etc.)
Thanks, great info. I had no delusions it was a higher end model just based on the stamped dropouts but it was an interesting looking frame. I don't see them around here often, OK never, and I like the "obscure" LOL. I'll throw it together and see how it feels. If I like the ride then I'll refinish it and put a suitable drivetrain on it.