Thread: Uno Outlaw
View Single Post
Old 01-22-24, 10:16 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 1,050 Times in 740 Posts
fitting a 32 tire won't be an issue. I've got the drop bar version, the bike has its issues but its also fun. Get new pedals, mine lasted less than 5 miles before the plastic split off the metal spindle. The weight is chunky, that all steel fork is heavy and there's not a lot of good alternatives for it. Crank is heavier but fine. Biggest issue I have with it is that it uses a 120mm rear hub, that size in disc offers no good alternatives. I've since rebuilt the hubs with some carbon rims I got cheaply and some butted spokes and alloy nipples, its still a 24lb bike. However, I've ridden all over NYC with it, through queens, brooklyn, manhatten and the bronx and always enjoyed the trip. I can toss it in a travel bag and take it off to St. Louis and enjoy kicking around there without worrying about damaging an expensive bike. In Dec I raced SS in cyclocross nationals in Louisville and the geometry saw to it the bike handled just fine through all the tight corners. Its often the first bike I grab to head out the door to go run errands; simple, comfortable, and handles well. It isn't a great bike, but its a nice bike, enjoy.
Likes For Russ Roth: