Old 01-23-24, 08:50 PM
Father2Son

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
If I'm remembering mine correctly, the one I had there was a couple of loops under there that the cable just went through and over time they did slightly cut a groove into the frame, the loops kept the cable from moving side to side. I've seen people run sleeves similar to the ones from a V-brake noodle or like the ones used to guide the cable through internal routing through other bikes with the same setup,. But it isn't strictly necessary. Trying to remember if that was the frame I drilled a small hole in the BB shell and tapped it to hold a cable guide, I've now done that with two bikes with little effort.
Thanks Russ,
I'm thinking that maybe tapping the bb shell to accommodate a plastic cable guide would be the way to go if I can manage it.

Are the loops you refer to some type of metal strap on the seat tube that would act as a guide for the cable? If so, I didn't see anything like that on the bike, nor did I see any signs of paint wear indicating a previous installation of any such loop or strap. I'll take a closer look the next time in the shop.