Old 01-25-24, 12:04 PM
axolotl

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
As I said before, the problem is not food availability, it's serving size. The Vietnamese are all 5 feet tall. They eat a peanut and they're good to go. That's how their restaurant portions are sized. As a bike tourist, you will need to eat 10 of their meals a day. You could order a double meal at every restaurant to compensate. There are zero unhealthy processed foods here. I've been in country 23 days and I've lost 8lb. I tried gorging on potato chips, but the bags of chips here are the size of your palm. You open it up and there are seven chips in there. I'm chugging Coca Cola at every meal to get more calories. The Coca Cola bottles here are half the size of the bottles back home. One day I saw a KFC on Google Maps, but when I got there it was boarded up. I bought a jar of margarine to eat.
You've previously made similar absurd comments about food portions throughout SE Asia. The friends I biked with in SE Asia as well as myself, got plenty of calories by eating 3 meals a day in SE Asia. None of us felt deprived at all. Perhaps you've got a metabolic problem.