Old 01-28-24, 12:20 PM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4625 Post(s)
Liked 1,774 Times in 1,161 Posts
Originally Posted by Redbullet
The hanger is around 25mm, so, within requested limits.I bet mine would also work nice with 11-32. Finally, B screw does adjust the pulley up, but not more than total 3-4 mm (therefore, I did not observe at the beginning). But 3-4 mm is not enough to cover the interval of large cogs (25 to 34 teeth) for which Tiagra was designed. Thus, it was optimized for upper range (30-34 teeth) on a standard hanger. Once you go toward cassettes with the large cog of 25, B screw can not compensate and shifting starts to deteriorate. I think this is rather a poor B adjustment design than a malfunction.
SRAM solution is way, way better: I regularly switch between wheels with 11-26 and 11-32 cassettes and all I must do is to rotate B screw +/- 8 complete rounds to adjust upper pulley position, then shifting is crisp with selected wheel. And I still have “B adjustment” unused.
With Tiagra I must re-optimize around my big cog of 26. But since “B adjustment” is not enough, I must find another hanger (around 1.5 cm height instead of recommended 2.4-2.6), so the upper pulley will be closer to the cassette. I do not even know whether such hanger exists…
Sounds like you finally came around to believing what I have been telling you.

You are not going to find a different hanger. Trek doesn't work like that. Neither do aftermarket hanger makers.

You could try a different derailleur. The 11 speed Shimano ones will work. The 105 R7000 works like a SRAM B screw, and has a medium cage version.
You could use a larger cassette.
You could modify your hanger by filing the B stop so the derailleur rotates further forward and up (counter clockwise). If it doesn't work, new hangers are available.