View Single Post
Old 01-29-24, 11:19 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Liked 5,404 Times in 3,729 Posts
I don't own a Edge Explore, so I'm not in the criteria you established for your question. However I wanted you to realize that Garmin is essentially selling features with all their various Edge models.

You can get a quick idea of what those feature differences are by using the compare tool on the Garmin website. Here is how the Explore stacks up to a Edge 540 and Edge 840.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/compare...Product=802162

So not a lot of difference. Unless you are wanting to use workouts and other features that someone who wants to get into the nitty gritty of training with their device. If so, the Edge Explore might be a poor choice. Also Di2 integration is lacking if you have or will ever have a Di2 bike. As well there are one or two other things missing that you may or may never care for in the future.

Otherwise for navigation and just recording your metrics of that ride it's about as good as any other. Although I have a Edge 530 with the push buttons, I'm now of the opinion that I should have gotten a Garmin Edge 1030plus with a touch screen. And the Explore has that. Touch screens make it easier while on the bike riding to get to some of the features you might wish to use. And for certain, easier to scroll the map around when you are trying to look ahead or find something.

Last edited by Iride01; 01-29-24 at 11:22 AM.