View Single Post
Old 01-29-24, 05:09 PM
AMoney

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Di2 won't help with those problems. And I'll add to the chorus of posters asking what are you doing to all of those derailleur hangers? Are you crashing (and landing on the drive side) that much?
Over the years, I've had a number of different bikes. On some bikes, the derailleur hangers rarely bent. On one bike I had, it seemed to bend, often badly, after every three rides. I probably went through 10 derailleur hangers before selling the bike because of all of the issues I was having with that derailleur hanger.

As for this bike, I've probably went through 3 derailleur hangers in a span of 2 years. I did switch to Wheels Manufacturing derailleur hanger. On this bike, the derailleur hanger doesn't bend too badly, definitely not as bad as the bike I mentioned above. For that reason, it is sometimes hard for me to tell if the cause of the subpar shifting is because of the tension or the bent derailleur hanger (but my LBS can tell). I don't lean or drop this bike on the drive-side any more than on my other bikes (I never intentionally do this with any of my bikes). Is it possible that the design of the derailleur hanger for this particular frame is weaker than the derailleur hangers for my other bikes?

In any case, thanks for letting me know that Di2 wouldn't solve this particular problem.