View Single Post
Old 02-02-24, 07:22 PM
Ramdad
Trek man

Bikes: 1996 Trek 830,1999 Trek vrx300, 2004 trek 4300, 2006 trek Fuel 90, 2008 trek 820

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope I don’t offend by saying this, but other than looking unique, why is it being stripped and rebuilt. I would think it would ride reasonably if new and give you the opportunity to enjoy it, if it was a matter of rescuing it from scrap, or sentimental reasoning, yes by all means. But taking a new bike, stripping it and building it, doesn’t make sense. Good luck, I am quite curious to see it done. I have a Raleigh 20 I have waited 12 yrs to build with bmx parts, both are hard to find, reasonably; in my hood. I would like to think I don’t hoard intentionally but I guess I do. Most of my bikes are side of the road jewels, or posted for months scores. I am very thankful for them. They do bring me joy and smiles every time I ride. I put a lot of sweat equity and money wise, more than they are worth. But it’s my bond. Even my junk bike and winter beater. Keep building and riding, more pics, more better!