Old 02-04-24, 09:22 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2514 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 531 Posts
]Lighter, more supple tires are indeed faster; that's well-established. And tubeless tires, being more resistant to deflation, can hardly be called "fragile."

Fragile is as fragile does. Only you would try to argue that just about anything is 'fragile' compared to a Marathon Plus.

Why would anyone want to run 100 psi in a tubeless tire? That would be slower and less comfortable.

It would not be slower on any road worth riding, and ... comfort? Comfort?? How much comfort do you want/need when you are trying to bust out a KOM?

Nonsense. Do you realize that there's thing thing called the internet, where you can find that your claim is simply bogus?

OMG I can't believe you decided to fact check that! You will note, in ALL the pictures they are shooting at the _______ sidewall! Is that where the Goathead is going to enter? But, is that the POINT? Most of us don't have to worry about 9mm slugs coming in at 2K/fps.

I'm going to quote myself - wrote this just yesterday in another thread:
"One of the big sources of confusion and disagreement here on bf is that the people who denigrate newer tech (especially things like disc brakes and tubeless tires, but also sometimes cf) have never even tried it and hence don't understand it...while those who endorse the new tech have, in fact, usually had much experience with the old tech and hence actually know what they're talking about."

No one who knows me would accuse me of being against new tech. I'm not. But I can read. God help me, I can read. When y'all stop posting about your tubeless miseries I might think about it.