Old 02-04-24, 04:21 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4461 Post(s)
Liked 4,130 Times in 2,760 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued
You just incorrectly assumed I didn't know **** and said I would have to spend a considerable amount of money on a bike that in your opinion was overpriced 11 years ago. Then talking crap about the bank card, which was clearly an explanation as to why I couldn't go out my back door and look at the bike in person, and only had a quickly snapped pic before I put it in layaway until the card comes in this week. If you're so easily confused, maybe try reading the post several times before answering? Everyone else seemed to understand it? I will reword it for you.... It turns out it was most likely was a camera or bike angle issue when the picture was taken. Your opinion on the original cost/value of the bike and that state of disrepair it is currently in is and was completely irrelevant. I do understand now that you wanted to discuss that regardless, and yes I am aware it needs work. I can handle the work involved, and will not have to pay someone to do it. I was thinking that might be obvious since I have been on this site for just shy of 20 years, and MUCH more than 11k posts. (Many have been deleted during website cleanups, etc. and it's probably closer to 20k) Either way sorry for jumping on you, lol...
I didn't assume anything beyond the bike looking like a commuter bike and knowing what I know about commuter bikes. I didn't say you didn't know anything in fact I really didn't talk about you specifically, I said "I would have it looked over" not you not anyone else but "I" as in if it were me I would have it looked over and put the money towards the bike to get it up and functional because you got a decent price on it.

I didn't talk crap about the bank card, I asked
Originally Posted by veganbikes
What is the question? Is this about bank cards or something else I am confused?
If you feel asking if your post was about bank cards is talking crap you have issues, I am sorry. It is financial stuff irrelevant to the bike but not anything I had a comment on more than was the post about it or not about it.

You seem like a little highly wound. You might need to relax. Sure you posted a while and have been here a while, that can mean anything or nothing. There are people who have ridden bikes all of their lives who don't work on their bikes and being a member of an online forum means you are a member of an online forum, it doesn't mean you are anything and nobody should assume anything from your post history, I didn't I didn't really care about that because it is irrelevant to the post as was the bank card thing which you are more obsessed with then anything and I don't really care I was just curious if the post was about that because you skipped the question and talked about it more and more and then added a question at the bottom and started that with a statement.

It's ok I am not mad at you and not trying to jump on you either. It is a bike forum, we talk about bikes, lets continue doing that!