View Single Post
Old 02-05-24, 07:54 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4556 Post(s)
Liked 6,513 Times in 3,737 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeski_NW
Hi. Long time lurker here. I was recently given a Bianchi Veloce Chromolite "Reparto Corse" frameset and I'm trying to nail down a year. My best guess is somewhere between 1997 and 2001 as I've seen a few bikes that resemble it but none are exact.

It's celeste and has the wavy yellow designs around the model name and down on the chainstays. It has a carbon fork with a 1" threaded steerer, and it has the bent/wavy stays. The downtube is also shaped. I'd post photos but I have to have 10 posts so I can't.

I'm assuming that in this era, BIanchi used the same frame for several bikes and the name simply designated which level of components were attached to it (Veloce, Mirage, etc).

The number stamped into the BB shell is WA9030205A.

In any case, the frameset is in great shape and my plan is to rebuild it with Centaur 11 and ride it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome aboard, glad you found us, you should be in the right place.

You can search BF threads on Google with great results on info.

You can also add pics to your home page gallery or album and they may get moved here.

Its 5 posts X 2 days for 10 anti spam measure that serves us very well, a finer bunch of enablers you will not find.