View Single Post
Old 02-07-24, 08:08 AM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked 1,996 Times in 877 Posts
depends on the distance and individual effort. I have run 10 marathons 2:48 fastest (portland) slowest 3:00:05 (Boston) and all the rest in the low 2:50's so not fast but not slow. I have done a 10 hour 200 miler. I don't think you can remotely compare longer distances runs to cycling, every marathon took several days before I felt like running again and longer to run pain free, the cycling I could have repeated a long ride the next day in fact we did, I know some do much better than others. But if you shorten the distances to say a 10K in the 35-36 minute range it might compare to a 55 minute 40K. I did a brisk walk yesterday so can't compare it to running but I figure I felt about the same an hour after I got home as I do when I ride 30 miles at a 20mph pace ie I know I did something but not enough to impact the rest of my day or feel it the next. this past summer I did a 110 mile bike ride and the next did a 66 mile bike ride and I am old and fat so I don't think for non elite cyclists or runners you can really do a good comparison.