Old 02-07-24, 12:08 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10635 Post(s)
Liked 12,275 Times in 6,289 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
What's most impressive is that both guys managed to ride the course 3 times and ended all 3 rides with the exact same power output.
I imagine years of training with power meters and having to hit and maintain specific power outputs helps A LOT.

Any time I try to do a structured workout on the smart trainer without engaging Erg Mode, my power is all over the map and I end up mentally exhausted from constantly thinking "More power! More power! NO! Less power! NO! Not that much less! More! No, less! No, more!!"

I have to give kudos to Jeff for trying so hard to eliminate variables, while still doing a real world test. It may not be perfect, but at minimum it indicates you won't lose speed going from 28s to 32s, and might gain some, and at the same time improve comfort. I think I'll pick up a pair of 32s for the Canyon, if I find some good tires on sale at a good price!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: