View Single Post
Old 02-14-24, 11:10 PM
Markeologist

Bikes: Since new: 86 Rodriguez Tandem, wife's 87 Gitane Team Pro, 92 Burley Rock-n-Roll, 85 Fisher Comp, 88 Puch Pro, two 92 Bridgestone X0-1s; later: 66/67 Gitane Champion du Monde, 70 Gitane Super Corsa, 70 Carre, 87 Gitane Team Pro, 77/78 Ritchey Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 163 Posts
The bike that rides so great and that I can just stare at for hours as I also find it so beautiful is my late 70s Ritchey Palo Alto Tandem…

…and then after owning for a while I learned of its background, having been owned originally by noted cycling scribe and all around cyclist, the late Owen Mulholland, its place in my stable only became more elevated…

Now if I could get Joe Breeze and Otis Guy help me get a same side drive system back on it like Owen had and as they had on their contemporaneous Ritchey tandem (the Anchor Steamer), it would be the cat’s meow…

Picture above is the Anchor Steamer as displayed at the Marin Museum of Bicycling…first time I saw my Ritchey it was hanging in about this same location and it was love at first sight.

Last edited by Markeologist; 02-14-24 at 11:17 PM.
Likes For Markeologist: