Old 02-19-24, 05:39 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3523 Post(s)
Liked 1,500 Times in 1,172 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_sr
... ... I will be going through airports and possibly train stations and was thinking that it would be nice to come up with some type of detachable wheels that I could put on to at least one end of the box to avoid having to drag it across the parking lot / tarmac / pavement, etc. The wheelies can either be stored in the box with the bike or other luggage.... ...
Do you ever ever see a worn out skate board in the trash?

If you are handy with tools, you could make a DIY type of gizmo like the link (above) to that other one using a pair of skate board wheels or roller blade wheels.

At stores like Good Will or similar charity stores you often see semi-worn luggage with wheels for cheap. The wheels from one of those attached to a board might work?

I have no clue if this would handle a 40 pound plus bike box. With the wheels rotating instead of fixed in a straight line, on sloping surfaces it could roll away from you and fall over. I thought of this because where I used to work they had some of these for computers but nobody used them and they were eventually discarded. I think it would work better if there was a way to make two of the wheels stay in a straight line, or maybe all four. If you can't make the wheels stay in a straight line, I think this would not work because the bike box would be too tall to handle.
http://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Computer-.../dp/B074P76TBW