View Single Post
Old 02-28-24, 07:59 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4520 Post(s)
Liked 4,217 Times in 2,822 Posts
There are situations where a tire and rim interface is excellent and a standard pump or pump with booster might do the trick but others where a good compressor will help quite a bit. I do like the Park Inflator head, it's nice to be around some that don't get damaged from user incompetence now usually. They would get ruined and the people who owned the shop weren't keen on replacement because of the unskilled people working who didn't take care of it,

In terms of earplugs, no shouldn't need them, usually the deafening explosion happens with inner tubes and usually because someone was careless. They are the people I suggest stick with a pump but even then you can blow a tube. Be slow take your time, check to make sure your bead is properly seated before you take it all the way up to pressure. It is a slower process but works like a charm. I think the last time I blew out a tube was me being cheap and reusing an old tube on a high pressure tire. However when it is done in my presence usually I tell the person who did it to go buy the shop some soft drinks of some sort or if we are all adults then maybe something hard for after work.