View Single Post
Old 02-28-24, 10:46 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2529 Post(s)
Liked 756 Times in 534 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
While on the bus I had my bike parked on one of the interior bike racks in the back with the hooligans and fentanyl smokers. I noticed a guy scoping out my bike; Positioning himself so that he could make a well timed snatch and dart out the door. He knew it was mine because he was watching me. So, I did the best thing I could do under the circumstances. I made it conspicuous that I was watching him too and took my can of bear spray out of my backpack strap mounted holster and held it in my hand. The other junkies pretended not no notice. It was deterrent enough. He got off at the next stop backing off the bus, watching me.

Good.

The lesson here is you don't need to use a thing, just be obvious you have it. People don't know bike things. But, people know people. On your sleeve is probably as obvious/optimal as you could get.
Proper deployment of an offensive weapon. Your Pepper Gel would have been useless after you were knocked unconscious by an unseen junkie (unseen because you were occupied with the primary threat). O.p. is trying to make a case for using Pepper Spray as an effective defense strategy.