jemaleddin
New but Nice

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus 3.0, 1981 Fuji S12-S Mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Sears had a few decent models. Around the '64-'65 time period, they had their 'Sport Racer' type bike, which actually had Campagnolo Record components, believe it or not. It was made by Steyr I believe, in Europe. Sears was famous for putting their name on subcontracted goods - same thing w/ 'Craftsman'...made by Emerson, Parks, Syncro, etc. Jim Merz has detailed a story in which he used one of these bicycles (I think it was a '64 model, maybe before the Campy component spec) to take a bike trip w/ a relative, I believe from the Northwest down to Cali or something similar.

The '65 (?) Sport Racer I have is a lovely bike. It is not a high end bicycle, and while it has some low end features (crimped/pressed seatstay caps, stamped dropouts, etc), it has internal cable routing, chrome accents, and a good component spec - especially for '65...
So what I'm taking from this is that if I had bought the top of the line Sear Best "Suteki" (and had another 2 years of allowance saved up), I might still have a nice bike!

https://christmas.musetechnical.com/...r-Catalog/0508

Also, your bike looks great, but I'd get that back brake looked at! 😉