Old 03-03-24, 07:29 AM
JulesCW 

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 660 Times in 321 Posts
Originally Posted by Canoehead Tim
Thanks. l don't think l am allowed to post pictures just yet, unfortunately. As for my expectations, l am not sure l have any. If it turns out that it is worth more to others than to me, l will sell it. Put another way, if I asked for $1000CAD, would that be unreasonably high, unreasonably low, or about right?
The bike in question is not really C&V, but still grand. I'm not sure which lights you mean by S&B, but the Son dynamo hub and Rohloff are pricy bits of premium kit. I'd imagine that (assuming it's in good shape -- you can post photos in your gallery and let folks here know they're there, and they'll be reposted, or just get to 10 posts and then post photos) if you listed it for CAD $1000 you'd sell it very quickly (if willing to ship you'll absolutely sell it quickly for that). I'd say somewhere at the CAD 2500 range is a good place to start, looking for at least CAD 2000 -- it won't be a large market, but parting it out is always an option if you don't find a buyer -- the wheel set alone should be worth at least CAD 1000 with shifter and lights....