Old 03-03-24, 12:51 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6383 Post(s)
Liked 4,981 Times in 3,429 Posts
I always approached this with the attitude that if a tree falls in the wood and no one is around, does it make noise.

If any motor vehicle is approaching the intersection, then I probably need to stop and make sure they are going to stop. For times there is no traffic close enough to be a conflict, I'll roll through it.

Will a cop be watching for me and care? I don't know. Here we are supposed to do a full stop by law. I think the local police don't care. Just as long as it creates no conflict with other traffic or violates the rights of the other traffic. Especially since the mayor is a longtime advocate for cycling.

I suppose it'd be great if a Idaho stop law was made for stop signs at the Federal level that states had to follow. But still the bigger picture will always be driver education. Most drivers here are likely taught to drive by a family member and only get enough education to pass the written test. So much of their perceptions about the driving laws are from imagined construction in their own mind of them. Even the stuff taught in my children's high school drivers ed class was very questionable for teaching them anything useful about interaction with other vehicles of any type, including bikes.

So I guess yay if we don't have to worry about a ticket. Though I never have worried about a ticket.
Likes For Iride01: