Old 03-03-24, 01:53 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 1,347 Times in 629 Posts
Talk about timing!!!

I too have been a practitioner of "opportunistic acquisition" as evidenced by my purchase yesterday. I was just trying to come up with a list of what I need to let go after my big N-1 stumble yesterday when I saw this post.

Total frames and bikes on the premises as of 02 March, 2024 at 7:18 AM = 61.

Believe it or not that's down signiificantly from what it was a couple years ago but I didn't break it down between complete bikes and frames because I have MORE than enough parts to put almost all the frames on the road in some form or another. I worked on my shop all last year from Memorial Day on and have picked away at it through the past Winter and it has come a LONG, LONG way but still has a bit to go. I'm headed back out as soon as I finish this post to work on organizing parts, I'm down to small boxes of odds and ends now, my tools are finally done.

If I had a co-op closer than 100 miles away I'd load up a couple (that's all my vehicle will hold) and some boxes of parts and donate them but I don't. I may put some of them on Marketplace dirt cheap or even free but even then with the current market I'm not optimistic of finding any takers. That leaves the better stuff most of which I really hate to part with and even when I do make that hard choice I have the added handicap of riding tall frames. Those, as we all know, take a long time to sell. More than enough time for me to change my mind which as you may have noticed I do frequently.

It's good to know I'm not alone in my obsession.

Last edited by Murray Missile; 03-04-24 at 11:58 AM.
Likes For Murray Missile: