Old 03-04-24, 04:03 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked 3,724 Times in 1,487 Posts
Originally Posted by sd5782
Of course, this thread is going to inspire folks to sell. We will see some nice bikes on the sales section and prices will be greatly depressed. It will be a buying opportunity for those 50 year old youngsters.
It would be great market was better, because then it would be easier for folks trying to reduce. Alas, for me it has meant giving things away, but the additional space and mental burden lifted has been worth it, so I am getting something in return, nevermind the happiness that I might get from seeing someone enjoy something more than I did.

I only wish folks to jump in and come along for the ride if they think it can help them. As much as it may seem, I'm not one to advocate for a minimalistic approach to biycles, or collecting in general. I've read over 10+ minimalism books and hoping to gain a deeper appreciation for the practice. My biggest critique of the 'get rid of it' philosophy is that if everyone truly took that practice seriously, heirlooms wouldn't exist, and much of history (at least in a tactile sense) would be lost, because it would have simply been thrown away. People that have big collections, like jjhabbs ? I'm very thankful that there are people in a position to preserve the value of the past, it is awesome! I just want to stop tripping over bikes lol.