Old 03-04-24, 11:20 PM
RCMoeur 
Cantilever believer

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 1,958 Times in 881 Posts
Originally Posted by axolotl
Once when I was entering Canada in a car, I encountered a nasty Canada Border Security Agency official who was convinced I was up to no good. He examined every file on my laptop and he interrogated me for 30 minutes while he ran a background check for each state I had lived in. He was visibly pissed off when he found out I had a clean record and reluctantly allowed me to enter Canada.
Had something similar happen when taking my big ol' pickup truck off the ferry at Victoria BC in 2004 on the final leg to the Pro Walk Pro Bike conference that year. I was interrogated for half an hour by a amiable yet relentless Canadian border official who was convinced I was a part of some nefarious gun-smuggling operation (the Arizona plates apparently equaled "armed to the teeth".) My wife decided to get out of the truck during the trip and couldn't get back in, so she joined the pedestrian traffic - she was visibly pregnant, and the Canadian customs officials were even harder on her as they were certain she was trying to deliver the kid on the scenic tundra of the Great White North. But we eventually were allowed to pass.

Returning to Port Angeles: "Welcome back to the US". But someone had stolen one of my magnetic bumper stickers while we were in line. :\
Likes For RCMoeur: