Old 03-05-24, 04:23 PM
Gyro_T

Bikes: 1974 Jack Davis, Zeus Competition, Bridgestone MB2, Kona Rove Ti 1 X 11, Salsa Fargo Ti

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Fillet brazed unicrown

Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
First I ask what is meant by "steerer angle"? Do you mean head tube steering angle? If so the fork has nothing to do with that but that frame angle does locate the fork at that angle, to establish the steering geometry that the fork's specs do contribute to also.

2mm of A-C difference is pretty small a change for that spec. Here are two threads I created involving non traditional crown/fork making to offer some ideas. Andy

Unicycle Build - Bike Forums

A Long Time Coming - Bike Forums
I read through and enjoyed the pictures and story of your "long time coming" build. I find beauty in steel and brass rod coming together like that! The amount of filler you used on the fork is much more conservative than what I saw on the Youtube channel. I guess I thought you needed that much for strength. My son weights about 190 and now that he is in his forties, rides a little more conservatively that he use to. I am rethinking building the fork myself and trying to reach a happy medium on the amount of rod I use. Thanks for sharing that.
Mike