View Single Post
Old 03-06-24, 06:18 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 2,110 Times in 1,110 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
It seems like it should be common sense to eat "actual food", but I've come to realize that there is an entire younger generation that has been brain washed to eat mostly processed and fast foods. They actually have no clue what real food is.
Younger generation? What nonsense.

When I grew up in the 60's and 70's the buzz was Kraft Mac n Cheese, space food (remember space food?), instant mashed potatoes, Chef Boyardee, Hostess fruit pies, just-add-water pancakes, SPAM, and peach slices in heavy syrup. My mom grew up on a farm drinking whole milk from the cows and potatoes from the yard, and we'd get a side of beef in the freezer each year, but the majority of our caloric content was the tinned, powdered, processed garbage pitched by June Cleaver types on the tube.

Anyone of any age who wants to eat healthy food has to go against the entire culture and food industry. Everything at the grocery is designed to maximize their profit. Every advertisement is a lie.
Likes For downtube42: