Old 03-07-24, 02:54 PM
75lechamp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane LeChampion (silver lilac), 1974 Motobecane Grand Jubile (red/black); 1975 Motobecane Team Champion (orange); 1982 Pinarello Professional (Exorcist Green); 1974 Raleigh Professional MkIV mink blue, 1974 Motobecane Grand Record blk/red

Liked 764 Times in 177 Posts
I greatly appreciate this thread AdventureManCO as I am in need of this kind of support. I have recently decided I need to divest much of my collection; I moved into a new house with a much smaller garage, and it became immediately apparent I needed to downsize. Currently my stats are:

23 full bikes
A lot of parts

I am actually down by 3 bikes, which I sold toward the end of last year, including a '72 Motobecane Le Champion, a '74 Raleigh Super Tourer and a '75 Peugeot PX 10.

As far as an aspirational goal, I would like to see the collection down to around 10 bikes by the end of the year -- given the state of this market, that may require me to practically give some of these away.....

Having said that, I agree with several of the folks in this thread - I'm not in this to make a fortune, and I certainly have gotten a lot of value just in the restoration, ownership and riding of these bikes. So, even if I have to sell for less than market rate prices, I feel like I am still ahead of the game.

Thanks!

Andy
Likes For 75lechamp: