View Single Post
Old 03-08-24, 12:10 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11097 Post(s)
Liked 7,693 Times in 4,285 Posts
Originally Posted by MattoftheRocks
yeah, I get infinitely more chafing in tight shorts, especially if they have a bunch of stitching around the soft bits just to hold some hotspot generating padding inside...
Mmm, based on your description of cycling shorts with a pad, I am skeptical that you have ever worn, much less owned, a pair. What cycling shorts(tight with pad) have stitching around the soft bits? See below for a typical pad- the only stitching is around the perimeter, and that stitching isnt near your soft bits.
So instead of a pad with no stitching near your soft bits, you wear normal shorts that have multiple seams which join down at the crotch...and that stitching is fine?

if you ride instead of sit on & tenderize-knead the skin between your sitbones and the saddle, you really don’t need padding
Ah, I see- thank you for your expert analysis of what I and so many others have been doing wrong this whole time- we simply havent known how to properly ride. I will be sure to 'ride' instead of 'sit on & tenderize-knead the skin between your sitbones and the saddle'. Thatll fix everything- I will be sure to 'ride' moving forward.
Thanks.**

Likes For mstateglfr: