Old 03-09-24, 05:53 PM
bikenoobDomane3

Bikes: 2016 Domane 5.2c

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by choddo
Hmm. That isn’t perfect, bit of hesitation on that 6th cog downshift but personally I’d be happy with that. FD could maybe come a bit closer to the frame as you say to avoid the rubbing there but that big:1st/2nd cog aren’t needed and you might introduce a bigger problem.
Yeah, the bike shop that did the cabling messed up the front too. The L limit screw on the FD is all the way in, and it should not be. It's impossible to properly adjust the FD at this point due to that. I'm not going to worry about that right now, as I'm going to make the shop fix that next Tuesday (as well as the rear shifting if I can't figure it out by then!).

Here is something else that I've noticed since I got the new chain, and I think it's an issue that could be contributing to this. I have a new chain, new cassette, and you'd think it would be silky smooth. But notice when I backpedal, the chain seems to hang up a bit. I have literally gone through the entire chain and checked each link for movement, to make sure none of them were sticking. I checked the lateral movement at each link as well when I did that. I made sure it's lubed properly as well. Here is a video to show what I mean.