Old 03-11-24, 09:47 PM
dchmiele1992

Bikes: 2002 LeMond Zurich, 1986 Miyata 610, 1989 Bianchi Mondiale, 1985 Trek 600, 2022 3T Exploro RaceMax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
C-Record is a group, not a classification that Chorus or Athena fall under. C-Record, Chorus, Athena, Mirage are all groups.
Those cranks are Athena.

You have zero C-Record parts on this bike.

I don't think there is anything incredible about the bike, but the parts aesthetically go well together. It is a nice bike as it is.
Fair enough regarding your point about Corsa Record and thanks for the aesthetically pleasing comment.

I guess I should have said C-Record era when I was referring to “Athena” components,
as the components during this time seemed to have a similar aesthetic, whether they were Corsa Record, Croce d’Aune, Chorus or Athena. I probably don’t need to make that distinction for something like a set of brakes where the aesthetic is obvious, but for a bottom bracket that you can’t really see in the pictures, I think that knowing which era of Athena this is,
might be of value.

Either way, I take the point that the bike is not built with Corsa Record components, but some Campagnolo parts from that era,
and some that are more modern.

thanks again for the discussion.