Old 03-12-24, 02:05 PM
ingo

Bikes: Cervelo S3, Ridley Helium, Cannondale Topstone Carbon, Giant Trance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
This is all very interesting. What happened to the “double draft” feature that was optional when setting up group rides for a more realistic draft effect? It seemed to disappear at some point.

Also what trainer are you using? My Kickr Bike is certainly not in sync with Zwift avatar speed. It actually follows Wahoo’s own power/speed model for the slope Zwift broadcasts, which is far more conservative than Zwift! They only match when climbing at relatively low speed.

Edit; Just to add that the Zwift speed / trainer cadence mismatch is most obvious on descents where, for some reason, Zwift only broadcasts 50% of the negative slope regardless of Trainer Difficulty set to 100%.
I have a Kickr Bike V1. Double draft is still available but appears in very few events, last was for one of the Zwift race series last year?. My speed in Zwift matches the riders around me for the power, slope, and in game equipment. Even though Zwift sends 50% slope to the trainer on downhills, the speed calculation uses the in game slope, e.g. descending Bologna or the radio tower. Trainer Difficulty setting has no effect on the speed calculation uphill or downhill. Zwift Insider covered all of the physics model over time. I find my speed in zwift matches very closely to real life, once you account for equipment weight, drafting, stoplights, and wind. I have power meters on my outdoor bikes for comparison.