Old 03-16-24, 08:08 PM
zymphad

Bikes: Super Cheap gc3 approved Bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
My thought on this is that possibly Trek is sending the wrong seatpost size out originally. This website from an LBS shows the bike and you can see how high the seat is compared to the bar. Granted this is a bike where many would want a very aggressive position with a low bar. I don’t need that. I don’t know if you were yo start with the shorter 135 post, can you raise it to get the more aggressive position. Or would you need to order the 175. Which begs the question am I getting the wrong bike ?. Which is a possible yes. And yes it’s a great deal which colors the decision making process. Much to ponder

https://www.brandscycle.com/product/...7-397046-1.htm
Could be just the wrong bike like you said. Looking at the link yeah that is a very aggressive looking bike.

But I shouldn't judge harshly since I did buy a lightweight race frame for the hilly roads around here and I do have spacers flipped the 7 degree stem to allow for a more comfortable ride position. But damn it's comfortable and fun to ride.

I think a smaller frame is easier to fit than larger if supply and price is a big factor. Can't make a frame smaller.

Last edited by zymphad; 03-16-24 at 08:22 PM.