rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2664 Post(s)
Liked 5,873 Times in 3,021 Posts
Originally Posted by RB1-luvr
Since I never get overall KOMs, the age category is where I look always. I'm in the top ten of a few, and that makes me happy. Also, I recently noticed that at the end of the segments list for a given workout, it lists "bests", like best 5k, best 10k, best 5 miles etc. That has really motivated me. My rides are usually lame avg mph, but sometimes I'm seeing a fairly high avg mph for a certain distance in the middle of the ride.
IMO, a wonderful attitude and approach. Being in the top 10 is a real accomplishment considering the number of talented people there are out there.

Like you, my average speed usually hangs around 16 MPH on long rides, (17 on short ones) but in my defense, or excuse, I live in a fairly hilly area. I do manage to hit top 10s in my age group for the roads around my immediate rural area, but there are a couple of hot shoes, whom have the top spots locked down. When I ride to the big city, Seattle, getting into the top 10 for my group is impossible, since there are so many extraordinary older cyclists there. Also, another excuse, on long rides (50-80 miles) I don’t race for segments, but conserve energy.

If you live in a larger city and are hitting the top 10, then hats off to you.

Likes For rsbob: