View Single Post
Old 03-20-24, 11:09 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked 2,324 Times in 1,301 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
That was a pretty standard tire for a 2013 bike. Really, if the bike came with 700 X 28 or 700 X 32, does it really matter much when it comes to balance and operating the bike? It's more about comfort. I can remember racing on 700 X 19 tires. Bike still handled really well.
Yes , it does matter . A little wider tire with a lower inflation can be much easier on a new rider when areas of the road are less than perfect. I have only one bike that I run 23's on and I would never put a new rider on that bike. While it is fun for me , pumped up to 110psi , a new rider would be more prone to catching separation seams in the road or uneven surfaces. It does make a difference , we are talking about someone who has never ridden a bike. I have been riding consistently for over 50 years and I am careful when I am on that bike with skinny tires and high pressure. The debate about wide versus skinny tires is endless but comfort and safety for a new rider that needs all the help they can get should stick with at least 28's IMHO. Joe
Likes For Kabuki12: