Old 03-20-24, 10:00 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked 806 Times in 513 Posts
Originally Posted by BobbyG
......................... And at 62, any thorough data analysis would only show a general decline over my remaining cycling years.
Originally Posted by zandoval
For me unfortunately more data on my bars would probably indicate progressive decline rather then improvement. I dont need the disappointment...........................
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
.................. Beautiful warm day (70!), almost no wind.............................So almost no metrics.............................
Originally Posted by genejockey
........................ If you haven't put in the lack of time to not prepare, then you will likely see decline.
All METRICS I can obtain while riding, whether positive or negative compared to previous rides, are not only welcomed but desired and needed. Tuesday's rides had winds blowing with efforts varying as per how I felt and wanted to achieve. Tried my hardest to hit a wind assisted 30mph but trying 5 times could only make 28.7mph, so disappointed but happy I could attempt it 5 times (total ride 45.54 miles with a slow 15.2mph moving average). Yesterday was able to get out 2 times with first ride 20.02 miles then 2nd ride 21.12 miles. 1st ride was at 3:11am on my DAY 6 Semi Recumbent and 2nd ride was at 1:11pm on my 20" wheel 5 speed DAHON FOLD-UP a neighbor gave me since she no longer rides (84yo who walks with my wife).

Rides take substantially longer and are substantially slower and while disappointing still enjoyable. ALWAYS post on STRAVA and can't wait to see how things went during the rides. I just reviewed today's rides and my March 20, 2020 recorded ride popped up showing 141.23 miles, 17.9mph average speed and 9,000+ Calories so a HUGE difference compared to today.

BTW, soon to be 74yo, just had 2nd Prostate Cancer recurrence as per a biopsy, still suffering from being hit by a wild hog on Aug 26, 2022 for the 2nd time while biking and other crashes and lest I never forget the my Testosterone is non existent thanks to my APRIL 2015 bilateral Orchiectomy to begin cancer treatment.

My boat (bicycling) requires that I have INFO AVAILABLE to keep things floating and without the DATA the efforts would not be as enjoyable. Do as you all need to do to keep your BOAT FLOATING and bicycling enjoyable.

Last edited by OldTryGuy; 03-20-24 at 10:11 PM.
Likes For OldTryGuy: