Old 03-21-24, 05:25 AM
Jughed

Bikes: Lemond Zurich/Trek ALR/Giant TCX/Sette CX1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked 853 Times in 434 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Well ... if you were selling bikes to pay your bills, you would certainly want to sell a person as much bike as he or she would be willing to pay for.

It is not up to bike salespersons to help a person save cash ... their jobs are actually to help the customer Spend cash.

Anyone who ever worked on commission already knows. or anyone who worked in a shop with a low margin who realizes that the bigger the sale, the more likely the shop won't go under.

I think that as adults, we are supposed to have long since learned that all forms of advertising are designed to make people want to spend more and more money. If people fall for ads ... Hello, Darwin.
My point - there was nothing else in the store, no other real options, for them to even sell. So naturally they will sell what they have...

Back in the day... yep, way back then... one could walk into a bike store and have a full range of options and get a bike suited for their skill level and be sold a bike suited to their skill level by a salesman that knew what one needed.

The bike industry is in trouble, we all know this. And lately I've seen a shift in what the youtuber shills are pushing - just about all of them are now pushing videos, clearly sponsored, featuring mid spec aluminum bikes. Even calling the bikes carbon fiber killers. Seems like they've figured out what many people already figured out - Joe 14-16mph guy wants cheaper options.
Likes For Jughed: