Old 03-21-24, 04:18 PM
Harold74

Bikes: Miyata 1000, Lemond Zurich, Lynskey Rouleur, Airborne Zeppelin, Vintage Zullo, Miele Lupa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
Do they appear when you ride outdoors? Are you wearing something on your torso that may cause some irritation, maybe polyester with some graphic design on it whose ink (Screenprinted or sublimated) is causing issues? (maybe just try a cotton shirt for a while?). Are you wearing a chest strap (heart monitor or similar device) that may be causing irritation. Its indoors where you're seeing it, so it can't be a reaction to sunscreen. If you can't see a dermatologist for 6 months try some variations (like what I mentioned) to see what happens and maybe narrow down when it occurs for the doctor when you go in for your appointment.
I got the blemishes during indoor season. They become temporarily more prominent after an outdoor ride now, just as they do with indoor.

I've only ever ridden indoors with a cotton shirt. Some do have graphics.

I was wearing a chest strap HRM but I switched to a lower arm version a couple of months ago.

My laypersons read on it is that inadequate hygiene led to me being colonized in some way and that, perhaps, it will be resolved once I kill off the first batch of colonizers.

I did my first season indoor without a fan which most folks find bonkers. Heat wasn't a problem and I don't seem to sweat much relative to other people. I did sweat my way to some moderately damp shirts though. And, on occasion, I took the dog out after riding without a shower in-between.

Thank you for your comments.

Last edited by Harold74; 03-21-24 at 04:22 PM.