Old 03-23-24, 11:16 AM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4431 Post(s)
Liked 3,058 Times in 1,892 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
If this study had illustrated any correlation between IM fasting and heart disease, I would be extremely interested in the findings. As it stands however with no exclusion of multiple factors that are proven to cause or at least increase risk of heart disease, and no verification of the accuracy of the information used, I see this study as less than worthless. I say less than worthless because it may influence people from adopting something proven through multiple peer reviewed studies to be extremely beneficial. You have to ask why this particular clearly useless and completely unscientific study has received so much publicity.
I write the following having already made clear that I think the published study* is of limited use. Also, I continue to follow an IF diet.

*Edit: actually, not published at this time. rather, a poster presentation

When I compare your discussion of the study, as compared to RChung and MoAlpha's discussion, I see a very large disparity in factual characterization and in understanding of the experimental design.
Further, your text displays a clear agenda. You are coming in too hot with criticism, resorting to strawmen arguments not actually based on information in the study.
IMHO, a dispassionate audience would be advised to read MoAlpha and RChung's discussion for a better understanding.

Last edited by MinnMan; 03-23-24 at 11:22 AM.
Likes For MinnMan: