Old 03-24-24, 12:51 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
Liked 5,308 Times in 1,852 Posts
Since I was on a caffeine high I decided to go ahead and tear this down. Either so I can reutilize the parts or clean and service them if the seat post can be removed. Had hit everything with PB Blaster last night and tearing this down was just a matter of a few minutes. The inner threads on the crank arm were perfect so the crank puller made short work of pulling those off. The BB was nasty but seems in good shape. No real rust inside the BB shell surprisingly. I cleaned out all the old grease and it's clean inside. Only thing left to do is to open up the headset and service it. It feels pretty good as is though. Right now I have the frame hanging upside down so I can keep spraying PB Blaster in the seat tube. I don't it will work since it's an alloy seat post in a steel frame but maybe I'll get lucky. Next attempt will be something like drano to see if it can break the bond. I should be able to clamp the seat post in my vise also and then try to leverage with the frame.

Oh and the handlebars are very heavy, rusty, and steel, I think. They will probably just be tossed and replaced with something from the stash if I do rebuild this.

Pics from the tear down just for anyone researching parts on these Kamra bikes.

Tight but broke free pretty easily

Cage bearing, I so prefer loose ones

Seems symmetric but I'll measure to confirm

Grease was tacky and dirty but not dried up

Pretty much broken down. If the seatpost comes out I'll compound, polish, and wax this up before reassembly

Builder confirmation?

That's a piece of rubber I'll clean up and treat

Nasty bars!

Grimy parts

With the rainy/snowy weather I'll probably just turn on the NASCAR race and then tear into the wheel hubs next.