View Single Post
Old 03-24-24, 02:58 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4574 Post(s)
Liked 5,112 Times in 3,156 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
I don't know honestly. It would make my saddle top though about even height-wise with my bars. Saddle has been at this height for probably 10yrs+. No knee or leg pains, but just thought it curious that I have saddle set at such a different height than the calculators suggest. I was perhaps hoping to hear that this isn't at all uncommon.

Will be trying a MyVeloFit soon. It'll be interesting to see what it comes back with.
I have my saddle set slightly lower than the Lemond method would suggest, but not much. I think I’m within 10 mm IIRC. But I also adjust my saddle slightly up or down during the season depending on how I feel. For example a few weeks ago I decided to move it up about 5 mm because I was feeling a bit of strain on the front of my knees. It felt better so I’ve left it there. But I might well go back down at some point as I’ve done in the past many times. So I have a range of saddle height that I operate within, rather than a fixed in stone setting. I would say that range is at least +/- 10 mm.

I have used MyVeloFit too and that also gives you a range of acceptable saddle heights and I found that I was bang in the middle of their suggested range. The only odd thing about MyVeloFit for me was that it recommended an extreme amount of saddle setback. However far back I went it wanted me to go even further. This was using my Kickr Bike, so I had almost unlimited adjustment. But even with it maxed out it still wanted more! In the end I just ignored their setback advice. But the rest was good.