View Single Post
Old 03-24-24, 05:52 PM
dschad

Bikes: 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, SWB home-built recumbent and a couple other uninteresting ones.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 26 Posts
A bit of an update -
(a) I still really love the bar setup. Super comfortable for multiple positions.
(b) I wasn't too happy with my shifters, so I ordered some Dia Comp Ene Ciclo bar end shifters...I figured these would be the most flexible if I couldn't decide where to mount them. My thinking was that I could more easily make up a bracket/mount to customize where to put them. The expanding part is removable, so with a little fiddling they could be converted into thumbies, or have them run parallel to my extensions.

Anyway, I didn't really need to do much, as they fit into the bar ends (although they don't seat completely). I also ordered a couple of noodles (thanks Tourist in MSN for the idea) to simplify cable runs, and came up with:

It was getting pretty cramped with the extra brake levers, so the ends are the natural place...and easy to install. They seem to work fine when on the bar ends, but are pretty far away when on the swept back part of the bars. I haven't spent too much time with them, so I don't know if this is going to be an annoyance in the long run or not. Regardless of where they end up, the ENE shifters are very nice.