View Single Post
Old 03-26-24, 03:38 PM
Rick_D

Bikes: Litespeed Firenze, Spot Acme, Specialzed S Works Pro Race, Davidson Stiletto, Colnago Superissimo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 324 Times in 189 Posts
Heard it before I saw it—white SUV rolling over headed my direction yesterday, about a block away. It eventually halted, upright, after a couple rotations and blowing out the windows, deploying a dozen or so airbags. The other car had t-boned the SUV, I figure after the latter blew past a "YIELD" into the intersection. It came to rest atop a pair of light rail tracks. Front wheels had collapsed and it was stuck; meanwhile the crossing arms dropped and fortunately, the train stopped well back from the wreck.
Bystanders extracted the SUV folks and sat them on the curb to await help. Car's passengers seemed fine and were collecting their things lest a train finish the job.

With police, fire, transit at the scene I slinked home, looking double at every intersection. No idea when they restored train service; this was a little after five, so....

p.s. A rolling-over vehicle sounds nothing like the sound effects folks' version.