Thread: Ebike virtues
View Single Post
Old 03-27-24, 11:34 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Liked 4,234 Times in 2,831 Posts
Originally Posted by badger1
I wonder if the administrators of Bike Forums might consider creating a sub-forum wherein the virtues of electric motorcycles bikes might be discussed, rather than here in 'General Cycling'? It could be called something like 'Electric Bikes'.

Just a thought.
E-bikes are bicycles they can only move forward with pedaling, there is no throttle You might be accidentally conflating the e-mopeds which have the ability to pedal but let's face it throttling is the point of that with an e-bicycle a lot of people do it unfortunately. There are also e-motorcycles which are purely by a throttle with no ability to pedal. I am unsure if the OP has a throttle or not.

Getting back to the topic, at the OP if you have to adjust that often you probably have done something wrong or you have some really cheap derailleurs like Tourney level stuff. Yes an IGH and a belt tends to be lower maintenance but a chain and derailleurs aren't exceptionally hard to maintain and you don't have to maintain them that often. As others have likely noted you can get an IGH and belt drive on non-electric bikes.

E-bikes are great and the silliness of people who have to dislike them is getting old. I can understand not liking e-mopeds, the crap that poor quality/not UL listed and actual motorcycles and I can understand someone having ridden a quality one saying it is not for me but those who don't like e-bikes (again no throttles only pedaling moves it forward) just because is just is so tiring.
Likes For veganbikes: