Old 03-29-24, 09:56 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Liked 1,319 Times in 711 Posts

Looks like I am getting somewhere.
I'm mostly waiting for the new handlebars so I can replace all the cables but this (+two fork packs) is basically how I am going to spend my summer again.
I'll probably go out and look for (or make) a bag to also carry a tent on the rear rack safely but other than that it is in rideable condition. The plan is to still build a new rear wheel with a new hub but for now this will do nicely.

The chain has been waxed so I'm curious to see how that performs and the new jockey wheels are just, well they work and spin smoother than the Shimano originals.

While I was planning on running the Soma tyres for a few more months, I noticed quite a few broken strands on the tubular casing after I cleaned them. Which is a bit of a shame as the threads aren't that worn yet but I guess 3000+km and 3 years in all kind of weather and terrain is okay for a lightweight tyre like this.

Likes For JaccoW: