Old 03-29-24, 05:10 PM
Arthur Peabody

Liked 117 Times in 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick
I clicked on the link and was immediately greeted with a lockup screen.
Originally Posted by work4bike
Then what's the point of the thread? You're going to have to do a little better than provide a link that doesn't work.
I'm at a public computer at the university library. I opened that link in Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. It worked in all of them. I've been using this website for 20 years, never had a problem. It's the daily newspaper in Albuquerque. I know lots of people who read the news on its website. I've never heard a complaint. I don't doubt your testimony. It's inconsistent with my long experience, and that of everyone I know. I've posted links here before, never had a complaint.

Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
One of the great things about discussion forums is discussion. When you don't discuss links with how they are relevant, what you thought was interesting, etc. then you become nothing more than a:
I am thankful that this forum is more than just a news headline feed. I think that it what it's all about. Would you be here if posts were nothing more than links? Most of us wouldn't.
Would you have known about this article if I hadn't posted a link to it here? Town criers are useful. Read the article first, then have an informed discussion. I post here less than monthly. I don't make it anything, much less a news headline feed, or nothing more than links, just make a small contribution. This forum is better because people report the news as well as have discussions. I don't reply to most of them because I have nothing to say. I don't look for what I don't like and give the posters a hard time.
Likes For Arthur Peabody: