View Single Post
Old 03-30-24, 12:30 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 531 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
I seriously do not see the current appeal of AI. I am a geek, and I appreciate the technology for use in some industries, and have actually been reading and studying what I can about it since the '90s, but its current use online is maddening. The AI online uses all that is available online currently, without discernment. There is so much misinformation online, that works its way into the AI generated responses. It is useless. Unfortunately most people using it do not take that in consideration when using it, and take it as a more reputable source than that found elsewhere.
I don't think any real geek can believe the breakneck rollout of AI technology is anything more than a slow motion Apocalypse. But, geeks are a minority population. The majority of folks love them some AI. They think detractors are worrying about nothing. As soon as they think AI is up to it, they are going to turn over KEY responsibilities for transportation, defense, economic advancement, and social order, to AI auspices. Geeks just don't see how that ends well. For one thing, the hand-off will come way too early. AI is learning fast, real fast, but it is only as good as the knowledge-bases. Still, it may need ~10 years to fully administer complex First World economies. We will give them 5. Whee doggie ...