View Single Post
Old 03-31-24, 07:52 AM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked 513 Times in 285 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
like to thank you all for the reasoned responses! I don’t think I’ll be going that way.
Here are a few things that work for me.
Weigh every day. Don't freak about a couple pounds fluctuation but it's good to see a weeklong trend and be able to adjust quicker than if you only weight once a week or once every 2 weeks.

Find a strategy that works for you. For me it's IM fasting. I don't get hungry in the morning anyway so limiting all calories to a specific time frame helps me keep track and lower overall calories.

Cut out all alcohol and junk food, all useless calories in fact. Think about your nutrition on purpose and only consume the best nutrition possible. If you consume empty calories your body will still need nutrition and you will consume more calories to get it.

Start pre planning all meals according to what your body should need at that particular time. For instance, if weight training is involved you may need more protein or you may need more antioxidants during a recovery period, or more complex carbs before a cardio workout. The main thing is to avoid a situation where you are very hungry and thinking about what sounds good to eat. You should already know exactly what you are going to eat before you ever get hungry.

Good luck.