john m flores 
Rider. Wanderer. Creator.

Bikes: Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Cinelli Hobootleg, Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 429 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
As an older dude who works with old folks and doing the family member thing of those getting to the
​​​End of their lives, I'm sure that when we are old geezers with physical limitations and all that fun crap, there will certainly be an extension, more vr like, of stuff that I already enjoy watching-- pov stuff of bike trips, the amazing pov and onboard shots of motorcycle and other Motorsport racing etc etc.
But a whole other level of being more realistic. It will be fun to be able to watch/experience things that we loved doing during our lives.
100%. I have thousands of old photos and hundreds of hours of video footage of me riding motorcycles, bicycles, and generally enjoying life. When I can no longer do those things, my only wish is for someone to put a pair of VR goggles on me so that I can relive those days.

More recently, I used VR goggles to float around the interior of the International Space Station as it virtually orbited a virtual earth. I used handholds to stay still and push and pulled on them to move around. I looked outside the windows and I operated the giant robotic arm to try to grab a passing satellite. It's the closest thing to being the astronaut that my 10 year old self dreamed of being.
Insta: JohnMichaelFlores | TikTok: @johnnymotoflores