Old 04-01-24, 08:56 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4451 Post(s)
Liked 4,114 Times in 2,747 Posts
Originally Posted by beyerj
But there is the problem. You are not helping. Suggesting I spend more money on a completely different setup is not helping me with my problem. And as I've already said, I can't say that the camera isn't working. I can't prove that one way or the other right now. It could be an incompatibility between the SD card and helmet or the format type of the helmet and my computer. IDK. That's why I asking this question seeing if others have had similar problems.

Your recommendation is equivalent to a problem like my car stopped running so I should buy a new one. That makes perfect sense. Let's not try to figure out the issue, just buy a new one.
No my recommendation is like buying some obscure smart only vehicle (so it is all done through apps and stuff like that there is no normal keys and ignition) that never made it to the U.S. and isn't supported in it's home country either and there is no info on it and it was a cheaper car and someone is suggesting get a good reliable car like a Honda or Toyota or something.

I understand you spent the money and you want it to work but it seems like the company has no interest in their product and I don't know your SD card usage but buying new cards and buying more stuff to make this work is not a smart move. Don't pump money into something that doesn't work out of the box and is so hard to use. I know it is tough to hear, I had an old iPhone and was like I could put a battery in it and do all of this stuff to prolong the life a year or two or just get the new phone and not have the issues.

Granted yes slightly different in that iPhones are well supported and a known quality and quantity but similar in that I was better off getting something reliable.

If I had the helmet in front of me and your laptop I might be able to figure something out but I am a bit doubtful just knowing some of these types of items. One of our interns bought a camera equipped drone off of Temu and tried to get the camera working and it wouldn't work and there was no support.
Likes For veganbikes: